Cocktail recipe: lemongrass martini
We have asked our wonderful bar team to share the recipe for one of the most popular cocktails on the menu: a lemongrass martini.
If you’re having friends round this weekend, shake them up this cocktail. Its guaranteed to impress, with a fresh, zingy flavour that everyone will love.
YOU WILL NEED:
- 50ml Olmeca Blanco tequila
- 15ml Giffard triple sec
- 15ml Lemongrass syrup
- 1 fresh lime, quartered
- Add the tequila, triple sec and lime juice to a cocktail shaker
- Add a few handfuls of ice until the cocktail shaker is two-thirds full
- Securely fasten the lid and shake vigorously for 10-15 seconds
- If you’d like to salt rim your glass, sprinkle a teaspoon of sea salt in a flat, wide dish. Using a segment of the squeezed lime, wipe the flesh around the rim of the glass to wet it, and then dip the rim in the salt.
- Strain the liquid mixture into your serving glass and fill with ice.
- Top with your choice of garnish. We went for a slice of orange, a spiral of lime rind and a biodegradable straw.